Hypnotherapy for Anxiety & Depression Northern Ireland
What is Anxiety
Anxiety is a very normal thing to have when we are in stressful situations. It is only when the stressful stimulus has disappeared and the anxiety remains that we may find a problem that we need help with. We all deal with stress in our daily lives, be it from work, money, children, etc. But anxiety is more than that. It is a feeling of fear, panic, doom. And it is when all the stressors have gone, but the feeling of panic stays, that we have a problem.
Symptoms of Anxiety:
- Panic, fear and unease
- Shortness of breath
- Sleep problems
- Cold, sweaty, numb or tingly hands or feet
- Heart palpitations
- Dry mouth,
There are a number of different types of anxiety disorders, including but not limited to –
- Panic disorders
- Social anxiety disorders
- Specific or general phobias
- Generalised anxiety disorders
Hypnotherapy will help by getting you to focus more on the positives and less on the negatives, and as a result limiting the amount of anxiety we create and getting us back in control.
What is Depression
Most people go through periods of feeling down – this is totally normal. However, when you are depressed, you do not just feel down. You can feel extremely sad and helpless for weeks, months, or longer. A lot of people do not understand depression and feel that it is not a real health condition. They are wrong. Depression is a very real, and at times life-threatening illness.
Symptoms of Anxiety:
- Feeling hopeless and helpless & having low self esteem
- Sadness or low mood & no enjoyment in life
- Feeling guilty all of the time & Feeling extremely irritable
- Changes in appetite and/or weight, constipation, low sex drive & Disturbed sleep
- Finding it difficult to make decisions & having suicidal thoughts or thoughts of harming yourself
- Not doing well at work or school,Avoiding friends & Having difficulties at home
- Neglecting hobbies &Neglecting yourself
10% of monthly fees goes to the mental health charity Aware NI.